ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Runtime Error
Posted by Amar on Feb-12-2008 17:33
Hi Peter,

I have used Chart Director in my VB Project. when i have created a package and installed it on  client computer it's giving me
runtime error 59999 - " Error Activating ChartViewer Control - cannot find the main chartdirectore component(Application-defined ord object defined error".

Request you to please check the same and give some solutions.

Regards,
Amar

Re: Runtime Error
Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-12-2008 17:59
Hi Amar,

The error means that you tried to use ChartDirector on a computer, but you have not redistribute the ChartDirector library to that computer. This probably means the "package" is not created correctly.

Would you mind to inform me how do you create the "package"? Does it include the necessary ChartDirector DLLs and register them, as mentioned in the Installation section of the ChartDirector documentation?

Note that the Setup Wizard that comes with VB6 only works with the built-in controls of VB6. It may not work with any other controls. You would need to manually configure the Setup Wizard to include the necessary files in the package.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Amar on Feb-12-2008 18:17
Hi Peter,
The following is the information for configuring the files manually:
File Source Location Installation Method
chartdir41.dll [ChartDirector]\lib Can be copied to any directory. No registration is required.
aspapi.dll [ChartDirector]\lib Copy to the same directory as "chartdir41.dll". This file is a self-registered COM DLL. You need to use "regsvr32 aspapi.dll" to register this DLL in the target system.
comchartdir.dll [ChartDirector]\lib Copy to the same directory as "chartdir41.dll". This file is a self-registered COM DLL. You need to use "regsvr32 comchartdir.dll" to register this DLL in the target system.
chartviewer.ocx [system32] This file is required only if you are using the ChartViewer control (eg. in Windows applications). Copy it to [system32]. This file is a self-registered COM DLL. You need to use "regsvr32 chartviewer.ocx" to register this DLL in the target system.
msvbvm60.dll [system32] Copy to [system32]. This file is a self-registered COM DLL. You need to use "regsvr32 msvbvm60.dll" to register this DLL in the target system.

I am unable to find the following files so that they can be manually configured.

chartdir41.dll
aspapi.dll

Also would like to know what is the location of [ChartDirector]\lib as mentioned in the help file.

Regards,
Amar

Posted by Amar on Feb-12-2008 20:32
Hi Peter,
Any updates on this.

Regards,
Amar

Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-13-2008 00:06
Hi Amar,

When you install "ChartDirector for ASP/COM/VB" from the download chartdir_com_win32.exe, it will prompt you for the installation directory. The "[ChartDirector]" refers to the installation directory you chose to use when you install ChartDirector. Most people will use "c:\Program Files\ChartDirector" but it is possible you might have chosen some other directory.

If you are not sure which directory you use to install ChartDirector, you may try to use "Find Files" in Windows to locate "chartdir41.dll", "aspapi.dll" and "comchartdir.dll".

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan