ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

No libchartdir.a
Posted by Michael Narinsky on Jan-02-2007 22:52
Hi,

I'm trying to compile (using existing Makefile) anglepie.cpp (from cppdemo directory) and it's giving me following error:
--------------
g++ -I../../include -L../../lib -Wl,-R../../lib -lchartdir  anglepie.cpp -o anglepie
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lchartdir
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [anglepie] Error 1
-------------

I believe that's because there is no file 'libchartdir.a' in the '../../lib' directory.
How could I obtain this file (that was not on the original ChartDirector package that I downloaded). Or maybe this problem could be solved on the other way?

My ChartDirector edition is 4.1 for Linux i386.

Thank you,
Michael Narinsky
Dynamics Research Corp.

Re: No libchartdir.a
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-03-2007 00:19
Hi Michael.

I am worry the cause of the problem is because you are trying to use ChartDirector for Linux on a Windows computer. (The cygwin in the path looks like a Windows computer.)

Would you mind to confirm what operating systems you are using?

From my understand, cgywin is not binary compatible with Linux (this is in fact in the first page of the cgywin site), thus it should be impossible for any Linux shared object or .a file to work in cgywin.

If you are in fact using cgywin, may be you can try ChartDirector for Windows instead. The gcc compiler should be able to link to Windows DLL. You would need to create your own make file though.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan