ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Error loading phpchartdir520.dll with php 5.2.5
Posted by Frederic Marchal on Nov-22-2007 17:13
Hello

After upgrading php 5 to 5.2.5 in cgi mode, I got this error :

Error Log

Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from the PHP extension directory "/usr/lib64/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613".

dl(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/phpchartdir520.dll' - /usr/lib64/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/phpchartdir520.dll: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from "/usr/lib64/php/ChartDirector".

dl(): Temporary module name should contain only filename

System Information

* Operating System : Linux 2.6.15.1 #7 SMP Wed Apr 26 13:43:37 CEST 2006 x86_64
    * PHP version : 5.2.5-pl0-gentoo
    * PHP / Web Server interface : cgi-fcgi
    * PHP configuration file location : "etc/php/cgi-php5/php.ini"
    * PHP extension directory : "/usr/lib64/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613"

I copied the libs of ChartDirector to /usr/lib64/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ and it works.

But I would like to understand the "Temporary module name should contain only filename" error. Google gives nothing... :(
Any idea ?

Regards

Re: Error loading phpchartdir520.dll with php 5.2.5
Posted by Peter Kwan on Nov-23-2007 01:07
Hi Frederic,

Recently, the developer of PHP has decided to force all PHP extensions to be installed in the PHP extension directory. From PHP 5.2.5 onwards, it is not possible to load PHP extensions that are not in the PHP extension directory. According to the PHP developers, this is a "security feature" of PHP, so that normal users cannot install PHP extensions.

Because the PHP extension must be in the PHP extension directory, therefore, there is no need to specify the "path name" of the PHP extension. Just use the file name is enough. If there is any attempt to load a PHP extension by providing a full or relative path name, the "Temporary module name should contain only filename" error message will be printed.

ChartDirector will first try to load the PHP extension from the PHP extension directory. If it fails, it will try to load it from the same directory as "phpchartdir.php", by using a relative path name for the PHP extension. This produces the "Temporary module name should contain only filename" error message in PHP 5.2.5.

Copying the ChartDirector extension to the PHP extension directory will solve the problem.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: Error loading phpchartdir520.dll with php 5.2.5
Posted by Frederic Marchal on Nov-23-2007 01:41
Hi Peter

Many thanks for your reply.
It's clear in my mind now.

I already put the ChartDirector extension to the PHP extension directory, and that solved the problem.

Regards
Fr?d?ric