ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Request for advice
Posted by Jordi on Mar-09-2010 23:23
Hi Peter;

I need to create a page for our Web application that has a DropDownList and an Image. Depending on the dropDownList selected item, one image or another should be displayed. I'm developing under .NET (C#), using VisualStudio 2008.

As images will be pretty simple and users will probably change a few times the selected item of the dropDownList, in order to provide a good experience I would like to create all images the first time (when the page is loaded), send them to the client (broswer), and form the browser side dynamically display one image or another depending on the selected item of the dropDownList.

In order to do this:
- What Output method would you recommend to use?
- Should I use the JsChartViewer Control?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Jordi

Re: Request for advice
Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-10-2010 00:49
Hi Jordi,

If I were you, I would just create use multiple WebChartViewers to display the multiple charts. There are plenty of examples in ChartDirector that displays multiple charts in the same page.

Then I will use the drop down list box to hide some charts and display only one chart. For example, you may put the WebChartViewer objects in a <DIV> block, and hide all the <DIV> blocks except one <DIV> block. In this way, the user can only see one chart at a time, depending on the selection in the drop down list box.

Because the user interaction is happening on the browser side without involving the server, you need to code the user interaction using a browser side language -  Javascript.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan