ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Can't locate perlchartdir.pm in @INC
Posted by seafree on May-04-2016 01:29
Could you help me with this error, please?

Can't locate perlchartdir.pm in @INC (you may need to install the perlchartdir module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.22.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.22.1 .)

Before that, I updated perl to version 5.22.1, the original version was: perl 5.8.8

Now I execute:
# perl -v
   This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 1 (v5.22.1) built for i686-linux

Also I execute:
                       #perl -e "print qq(@INC)"

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.22.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.22.1

I did try many solutions but I can't with that.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Can't locate perlchartdir.pm in @INC
Posted by Peter Kwan on May-04-2016 21:15
Hi seafree,

(a) As your Perl architecture is for i686-linux, please download "ChartDirector for Perl" for Linux (i386/i686). If you are using an existing download in your machine, please make sure it is for Linux (i386/i686) and that it supports Perl 5.22. (In the ChartDirector/lib, there should be a file "perlchartdir522.so".)

(b) Copy everything in "ChartDirector/lib" to "/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.1/i686-linux". After copying, enter the following command:

cd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22.1/i686-linux
ls -l

Verify that you have the files "perlchartdir.pm", "perlchartdir520.so", "libchartdir.so" and a number of other ChartDirector files and the fonts subdirectory.

(c) Go to the ChartDirector/perldemo subdirectory, and enter the followings:

perl simplebar.pl

If no error occurs and you find a file "simplebar.png" after the script ends, then everything is working normally. If not, please let me know what is the error message, and also let me know of the result of the followings:

perl -V

Note that if your Linux had already got Perl, and you compile or install another Perl, the computer may end up having two different Perls. Different parts of your system may be using different Perls. Since the information in your message is obtained by using the "perl" entered at the command line, for testing, so you should test the ChartDirector also using the "perl" entered at the command line.

Regards
Peter Kwan