ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

How to draw a blank candlestick chart for some days with zero trades
Posted by aakv on Jan-19-2024 19:16
Attachments:
In some trading systems, a symbol may be closed for several days without any purchase or sale. In this case, how can those items be drawn blankly in the candle chart?

I have the same question about the band chart. I want to have two separate band charts on the right and left side.
Untitled2.png

Re: How to draw a blank candlestick chart for some days with zero trades
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-20-2024 01:21
Attachments:
Hi aakv,

For a missing position, you can set the data to "NoValue". The exact syntax depends on your programming language. It can be Chart.NoValue, Chart::NoValue, NoValue or in other syntax.

There is an example demonstrating NoValue in all programming editions of ChartDirector. The following link is for ChartDirector for .NET:

https://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdnet.htm#missingpoints.htm

For the price band, by default, if there is a NoValue in the middle, the left side and right side will still be joined. You can set the "gap" color to transparent for the price band layer to break it in the middle. (The example above also demonstrate setGapColor.)

I have attached an example chart for your reference.
finance_gap.png

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-20-2024 01:23
Hi aakv,

If you need the exact code, please let me know which programming language edition of ChartDirector you are using.

Best Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by aakv on Jan-20-2024 12:07
Thank you for your guidance. I use C++ language. I used the expression "Chart::NoValue" and it was SOLVED.