ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Error Loading ChartDirector for PHP Extension
Posted by chinhbkkt on Oct-26-2007 00:18
Error Log

Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from the PHP extension directory "C:\xampp\php\ext\".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension=phpchartdir520.dll in your php.ini

Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from "C:\xampp\htdocs\ChartDirector\lib".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use /xampp\htdocs\ChartDirector\lib/phpchartdir520.dll in your php.ini

Trying to load "phpchartdir520nts.dll" from the PHP extension directory "C:\xampp\php\ext\".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension=phpchartdir520nts.dll in your php.ini

Trying to load "phpchartdir520nts.dll" from "C:\xampp\htdocs\ChartDirector\lib".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use /xampp\htdocs\ChartDirector\lib/phpchartdir520nts.dll in your php.ini

System Information
Operating System : Windows NT CQ-0FE23A203CC8 5.1 build 2600
PHP version : 5.2.3
PHP / Web Server interface : apache2handler
PHP configuration file location : "C:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini"
PHP extension directory : "C:\xampp\php\ext\"

Re: Error Loading ChartDirector for PHP Extension
Posted by Peter Kwan on Oct-26-2007 01:55
Hi chinhbkkt,

The detail procedure to install ChartDirector for PHP is described in the installation section of the ChartDirector documentation. Please ensure you read and follow the installation procedure to install ChartDirector.

In short, multi-threaded PHP does not support dynamic loading of any PHP extension. If you are using multi-threaded PHP, please perform the following steps to load ChartDirector for PHP using extension statements.

Please enter the following line in your PHP configuration file (C:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini).

extension=phpchartdir520.dll

Please copy *everything* in "ChartDirector/lib" to your PHP extension directory (C:\xampp\php\ext\)

Then restart your web server.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

thanh you Peter Kwan
Posted by chinhbkkt on Nov-05-2007 00:45
I love you
good luck

Posted by Saurabh on May-23-2008 15:50
I was facing the same problem. Then i added the line in php.ini, now on starting the server i get the following error:

PHP Startup: Chartdirector PHP API: Unable to initialize module
Module compliled with module API=20060613, debug-0, Thread-safety=1
PHP Compiled with module API=20050922,debug=0,thread-safety=1
These options need to match

what did i do wrong?

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-23-2008 15:58
Hi Saurabh,

The ChartDirector DLL needs to match the version of your PHP. Please kindly verify which PHP version you are using, then use the suitable ChartDirector DLL. There is a table in the Installation section of the ChartDirector documentation that mentions the DLLs for different version of PHP.

For example:

#for PHP 5.1.x
extension=phpchartdir510.dll

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Muddassar Nazar on Mar-30-2009 18:08
Hello All,

I am using wamp 5.2 but getting b/m error log, i tried abve method of adding in C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin\php.ini:

extension=phpchartdir520nts.dll

but after this my server hanged

Need urgent help in this regard

An attempt has been made to dynamically load ChartDirector, but it was not successful. Please refer to your ChartDirector for PHP documentation or click here for how to resolve the problem.

Error Log

Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from the PHP extension directory "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.9-1/ext/".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension=phpchartdir520.dll in your php.ini

Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from "C:\wamp\www\ORA\lib".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use /wamp\www\ORA\lib/phpchartdir520.dll in your php.ini

Trying to load "phpchartdir520nts.dll" from the PHP extension directory "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.9-1/ext/".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension=phpchartdir520nts.dll in your php.ini

Trying to load "phpchartdir520nts.dll" from "C:\wamp\www\ORA\lib".

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use /wamp\www\ORA\lib/phpchartdir520nts.dll in your php.ini

System Information
Operating System : Windows NT LHR-OSS-STS 5.2 build 3790
PHP version : 5.2.9-1
PHP configuration file location : "C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin\php.ini"
PHP extension directory : "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.9-1/ext/"

Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-31-2009 02:34
Hi Muddassar,

(a) Copy all files (not just one DLL, but all files) in "ChartDirector\lib" to your PHP extension directory "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.9-1/ext/"

(b) Add just one line in your "php.ini"

(c) Restart Apache

If the above still does not solve the problem, would you mind to inform me what is in the Apache error log file? Also, please kindly inform me of the result of your phpinfo page.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Paulo on May-08-2009 23:31
Hello,

I am having also this kind of issue.

I am using server2go.

I have uploaded the files to ext directory.
C:\server2go\distribute_apache2.2\server\php\ext

I have moved all the files to disk C:.

But the pnp.ini file is generated in a different directory each time it is started
for instance C:\Users\Paulo\AppData\Local\Temp\Server2Go_7584\php.ini

I need to change the php.ini under the template directory.
C:\server2go\distribute_apache2.2\server\config_tpl\php.ini

But after that it doesn?t start the server

server2go has
?Apache/2.2.11 (Win32)
?PHP/5.2.8
?SQLite 2
?MySQL 5.0.41-community-nt
?Perl 5.8

In case you use Xampp or other are you able to use it with nusphere php editor in debug mode ?

Posted by wolf on May-22-2009 20:07
Hello

I think that I have similar problems which are discribed her. I'm trying to run ChartDirector with XAMPP on windows. I've already made the php.ini adjoustments
extension=phpchartdir520.dll and also copied the files to C:\xampp\php\ext\

but it outputs the following error message:

An attempt has been made to dynamically load ChartDirector, but it was not successful. Please refer to your ChartDirector for PHP documentation or click here for how to resolve the problem.

Error Log

Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from the PHP extension directory "C:\xampp\php\ext\".

System Information
Operating System : Windows NT 5.1 build 2600
PHP version : 5.2.8
PHP configuration file location : "C:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini"
PHP extension directory : "C:\xampp\php\ext\"

can anyone provide me with help?

Thanks

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-23-2009 01:06
Hi wolf,

Please kindly check the followings:

(a) Have you added "extension=phpchartdir520.dll" to "C:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini"? Note that there can be multiple "php.ini" in your system. Make sure you have added the extension statement to the active "php.ini". According to the error message, it is "C:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini".

(b) Have you copied "all files" in "ChartDirector/lib" to "C:\xampp\php\ext\". In particular, Do the files "C:\xampp\php\ext\phpchartdir520.dll" and "C:\xampp\php\ext\chartdir.dll" exist?

(c) Have you restart your Apache web server? Your current Apache/PHP is configured to ignore any changes to "php.ini", unless it is restarted.

If the above still cannot solve the problem, would you mind to inform me of the result of your phpinfo page, as well as the error messages (usually in the Apache error log)?

In case anyone is reading this thread, the issue mentioned by Paulo on May-08-2009 with server2go has already been solved. The solution is to put the ChartDirector dlls in the correct directory.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by wolf on May-27-2009 03:13
thank you Peter ,

it was (a) I found the rigtht php.ini !!

Posted by Summaira on May-27-2009 12:32
Hi !

I am using Chart director for Windows OS (Windows Vista , 32 bit).
and running WAMP having php version is 5.2.9-1.

I have made all corrections that you have said but still i am getting this error:

Error Log

dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension=phpchartdir520.dll in your php.in

Pl pl help me in this regard.

Thankx for this favor in advance.

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-28-2009 02:18
Hi Summaira,

(a) There should be more information in the error message. Is it possible to include the information in the "System Information" section of the error message?

(b) Would you mind to inform me the full path of the "php.ini" you have modified? Make sure the "php.ini" you have modified in the active "php.ini". Also, please inform me of your exact "php.ini" file? (You may attach it in the forum message, or email to me at pkwan@advsofteng.net.) Please make sure it includes the line "extension=phpchartdir520.dll".

(c) Please open a dos shell. Change to your PHP extension directory, then enter:

cd
dir /p

Please inform me what is the result. Please make sure it includes "phpchartdir520.dll" and "chartdir.dll".

(d) Please inform me you "phpinfo" page.

(e) Please ensure you have restarted the Apache web server. After restarting the server, please go to the Apache error log to see what PHP start up error.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-29-2009 01:06
Hi,

In case anyone is reading this thread, I would like to confirm that the problem is solved and ChartDirector works normally in the web server.

Regards
Peter Kwan

j trouv? la solution
Posted by tarek on Mar-26-2010 00:25
j'ai eu le mem probleme que toi tu dois faire tous ce qui est demand? par notre cher ami
juste tu dois verifier avec une page dans lequel tu met phpinfo();
quelle php.ini utilise ton serveur car il ya un autre php.ini dans le repertoire apache/apache2./bin/ et si ton php utilise ce fichier tu dois mettre les dll dans ce fichier et non pas l'autre php.ini qui existe sous php/bin

Posted by Brad on Apr-16-2010 23:15
Doesnt appear to be working for me either.  The files are in C:\Program Files\PHP\ext and
the lines are set up in PHP.ini and pointing to the right versions (PHP 5.2.12) and I'm sure
that I'm editing the right PHP.ini and that the extension directory is correct.

Right now I have the two lines commented out, when I uncomment them and restart
apache it will crash.  The error log says nothing about your DLLs but since the problem is
resolved by commenting them out clearly they are what is causing Apache to crash.
Apache just complains about the PID file already existing (from the previous crash), if I
delete that and restart it will create it but still crash.

For the record I am running:

Windows Vista (32 bit) Home Premium
Apache 2.2.14
PHP 5.2.12

Posted by Brad on Apr-16-2010 23:23
Never mind, I figured it out.  The error message is misleading, you DO NOT NEED BOTH
EXTENSIONS. Pick between the two depending on if you want threading support or not.
Once I just loaded the threaded version Apache started fine and my charts started working
again.

Posted by priya on May-19-2017 16:51
Please help
i did everything correct whatever instruction is given there but still error is coming:

Error Log

The version and type of PHP in this system does not support dynmaic loading of PHP extensions. All PHP extensions must be loaded by using extension statements in the PHP configuration file.

Posted by Peter Kwan on May-20-2017 00:54
Hi priya,

Would you mind to provide the following information?

(a) The error page should contain some more "System Information", such as your operating system. PHP / Web Server interface type, etc.. Would you mind to provide me with the complete error page? If there is no "System Information" in the error page, please provide me with your "phpinfo" page instead.

(b) Have you copied *everything* (including the fonts subdirectory if any) from "ChartDirector/lib" to the PHP extension directory. Please inform me exactly which directory you think is the PHP extension directory. Please go to that directory and list out the directory contents using "dir" (on Windows) or "ls -l" (on Linux/Mac OS X).

(c) Have you added the "extension=phpchartdir???.dll" line to your "php.ini". Please inform me the full path name of the "php.ini" that you are using.

(d) For some PHP type, you would need to restart the web server for any changes to PHP to take effect. It can be by "iisreset" (for Windows), "service httpd restart" (on certain Linux) or "apachectl restart" (on certain Linux) or using other methods depending on your OS.

(e) For many web servers, there is an error log file. Please examine the error log file, which may include more information on why the ChartDirector extension cannot be loaded.

If you web server is accessible from the Internet, and if you can provide me with a guest account to allow me to upload files to your web site, I can try to install ChartDirector for you. You may email the necessary information to me at pkwan@advsofteng.net

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by wxh on Aug-19-2010 14:08
Trying to load "phpchartdir520.dll" from the PHP extension directory "c:/Guard/PHP/ext".

Posted by Peter Kwan on Aug-19-2010 15:56
Hi wxh,

First of all, please make sure you have read the "Installation" section of the ChartDirector documentation and follow the steps there.

In particular, please check the followings:

(a) Have you added "extension=phpchartdir???.dll"  (??? depends on your PHP version) to your "php.ini"?

(b) Are you sure where is the active "php.ini" (use phpinfo to check).

(c) Have you copied "all files" in "ChartDirector/lib" to "c:/Guard/PHP/ext". In particular, do the files "phpchartdir???.dll" and "chartdir.dll" exist in "c:/Guard/PHP/ext"?

(d) Have you restart your web server after modifying the "php.ini"?

If the above still cannot solve the problem, would you mind to provide me with the following information:

(a) The result of your phpinfo page.

(b) The full and complete error message.

(c) A copy of your "php.ini", and the full path name where you obtain the "php.ini".

(d) Many web servers will have an error log file. Please check the error log file for errors and inform me of the errors (if any) related to loading "phpchartdir.???.dll".

Regards
Peter Kwan

Re: Error chart dll not loaded kindly refer logs
Posted by dhananjay on Feb-10-2016 14:31
Dear
    Sir / Madam
                    chart dll not loaded kindly refer logs

Re: Error chart dll not loaded kindly refer logs
Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-10-2016 15:10
Hi dhananjay,

I have examined your screen shot. It seems to be a screen shot from the "ODIN Client Ver
10.0.2.0", and there is a pop-up message box with the message "Chart DLL not loaded,
kindly refer logs.".

Just from the screen shot, it is not clear if the "ODIN Client Ver 10.0.2.0" is using
ChartDirector. Also, the message box does not come from ChartDirector, as ChartDirector
does not have this message box or text.  (This forum is focused on supporting
ChartDirector.) From the style of the text, I suspect the message box is pop-up by some
code in the ODIN Client.

Are you the software developer who develops ODIN Client, or are you an end-user of the
ODIN Client? If you are an end-user, you may consider to contact the company that
develops ODIN Client for support. If you are the developer of the ODIN Client, the
message box mentions about the refer logs. May be you can examine the refer logs to
obtain further information on the issue.

Regards
Peter Kwan