ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Reverse xAxis
Posted by Amal V R on Sep-23-2010 22:21
Hai Peter,

I have an application where I select a radio button so that I can change the xAxis direction.
I tried to do it like this

if(leftSelected==true)
{
     chart.xAxis().setReverse(false);
}
else
{
     chart.xAxis().setReverse(true);
}

Axis will reverse but,my data is pumped in to the chart from another application.So when I
try to redraw the chart using new data which i recieved axis will set to its default state.

What will be the problem?

Regards

Amal V R

Re: Reverse xAxis
Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-24-2010 02:18
Hi Amal,

If the axis is not reversed when you redraw the chart, that means leftSelected is true. Or you may have already reversed the axis. In this case, if you reverse it one more time, it will look like not reversed.

(Have you traced your code? Are you sure the setReverse(true) line is run? Have your code set the axis scale? Are you reversing the parameters, such as using a minValue that is larger than the maxValue, when setting the axis scale? If this is the case, the axis is already reversed, and if you reverse it again, it will look like not reversed.)

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Amal V R on Sep-24-2010 12:23
I am Setting the scale but my xMin is alway less than xMax.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-24-2010 20:21
Hi Amal,

If you can inform me the complete charting part of your code, I may help to trouble-shoot the issue. If you cannot post your code in a public forum, you may email it to me at pkwan@advsofteng.net.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Amal V R on Sep-27-2010 17:20
Hai Peter

I found where the mistake is.
Thank you

Regards
Amal V R