ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

netchartdir.dll - Smart Assembly
Posted by Trevor Pope on Feb-01-2016 23:38
Hi,

I am attempting to use netchartdir.dll with Smart Assembly but I am receiving the
following error:

System.NotSupportedException : Error calculating CLR version for module netchartdir.dll

Inspecting the IL code of netchartdir.dll shows that the .NET dependencies are set at
0.0.0.0 which appears to cause Smart Assembly to throw the exception above.

I tried to decompile the netchartdir.dll using ildasm and set the dependencies to the
relevant .NET version and recompile back to a DLL which was successful but then my
chartdir.lic seems to fail as I receive the "ChartDirector (unregistered)".

Am I doing something wrong or is there a logical reason for this?

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Trevor Pope

Re: netchartdir.dll - Smart Assembly
Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-02-2016 00:44
Hi Trevor,

ChartDirector for .NET is designed to work with multiple .NET editions. It can work with
.NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6, ... etc.. That's why the linked assembly is not version
specific. This allows all of these .NET versions to use ChartDirector. If you try
ChartDirector in any of these .NET editions, it should run smoothly.

I understand the "SmartAssembly" is a tool that tries to disassembly and modify the .NET
byte code. For some reasons, it does not understand non-version specific assemblies,
which are valid assemblies and accepted the .NET framework. If you think decompiling and
modifying the version information and recompiling it can satisfy SmartAssembly, I think
you can do it. If you received the "ChartDirector (unregistered)" message, please try the
license diagnostic procedure below and kindly inform me what is the result of the cdinfo
test (for web applications) or getBootLog (for desktop applications):

http://www.advsofteng.com/license_diag.html

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Trevor Pope on Feb-02-2016 16:35
Thank you for the quick response.

I used the getBootLog method from a console application and I was using version 6.0.0.0
when I only have a license for version 5.1.0.0.

Many thanks again for your time.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Feb-03-2016 03:41
Hi Trevor,

If the getBootLog mentions that your license key is only valid up to ChartDirector 5.x, you
may consider to use ChartDirector 5.1 instead (you may download it from our web site at:

http://www.advsofteng.com/download_archive.html

Alternatively, you may upgrade your license for one version, which costs 25% of the full
price of the license. See:

http://www.advsofteng.com/purchase_upg.html

Regards
Peter Kwan

netchartdir.dll - Smart Assembly
Posted by viS3od on Oct-12-2018 06:17
Trevor Pope wrote:

Hi,

I am attempting to use netchartdir.dll with Smart Assembly but I am receiving the
following error:

System.NotSupportedException : Error calculating CLR version for module netchartdir.dll

Inspecting the IL code of netchartdir.dll shows that the .NET dependencies are set at
0.0.0.0 which appears to cause Smart Assembly to throw the exception above.

I tried to decompile the netchartdir.dll using ildasm and set the dependencies to the
relevant .NET version and recompile back to a DLL which was successful but then my
chartdir.lic seems to fail as I receive the "ChartDirector (unregistered)".

Am I doing something wrong or is there a logical reason for this?

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Trevor Pope