ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector General
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

ChartDirector Perl for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
Posted by Gary Hart on Aug-29-2019 14:33
Hi There,

Could you let me know if there is a build of the Perl version of ChartDirector for the Raspberry Pi running Linux.  I intend to use it on the Raspberry Pi 4 and understand that you already have the C++ build for a number of ARM architectures.  However I would rather use the Perl version!

Thank you for your help.

Gary Hart

Re: ChartDirector Perl for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
Posted by Peter Kwan on Aug-29-2019 21:26
Hi Gary,

For Raspberry Pi 4, the Linux can be either 64-bit (aarch64) or 32-bit (armv7 or arm??). We already have the C++ build for both. To support Perl, you can build the Perl wrapper for it.

Would you mind to clarify whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit Linux, and the perl version and architecture your Linux is using? You can use the following commands to find out. Please let me know what is the result:

uname -a
perl -V

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Gary Hart on Aug-30-2019 09:13
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply to my query.  Unfortunately I don't know the Linux or Perl versions yet.  I was getting ahead of myself a bit.  I have a project where I will be running a lot of Perl code from my regular Intel based servers on a Raspberry Pi cluster.  I have not received my Pis yet but was trying to get all the software, like ChartDirector, that I need ready for when they arrive.

Thank you again for your help and I will be in touch when I get the Pis and know the Perl and Linux versions.

Gary Hart.

Posted by Gary Hart on Sep-16-2019 14:00
Hi Peter,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you after my initial query.  I have now received my Raspberry Pi 4's and have run the commands you suggested to show what version of the Pi, Perl and OS I have.  The results are below -

dpkg --print-architecture = armhf

uname -a = Linux picluster 4.19.57-v7l+ #1244 SMP ... armv7l GNU/Linux

Perl -v = Perl 5 version 28 subversion 1 for arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int

Please let me know if you have or can easily build a ChartDirector version for both the system and the Perl.

Thank you for your help.

Gary Hart.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-17-2019 04:03
Hi Gary,

I have just compiled Perl-5.28 (multithread int64) support for the armhf architecture. Please try the release below to see if it can work in your environment.

https://www.advsofteng.com/chartdir_perl_linux_armhf.tar.gz

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Gary Hart on Sep-18-2019 13:57
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your help.  I have downloaded and tried the ChartDirector version that you provided.  Both the demo programs and my own programs work well with one exception.  The images from the programs all have the unregistered banner at the bottom of the image.  I understand why this would happen with the demo programs, but not my own.  All my Perl programs that use ChartDirector have my redistribute license code as one of the first items set as part of the program initialization.

Could you advise what might be causing the banner to appear.  Could it be that my license is too old to support the ARM version.  I am using the latest Perl version supported on my Intel servers and that works with no issues.

Thank you.

Gary Hart

Posted by Peter Kwan on Sep-18-2019 17:30
Hi Gary,

Sorry for this issue. I forgot that the ChartDirector ARM edition is a special build and it does not recognize regular license keys. I will email another license key to you that can be used with ARM edition. Please expect it within an hour.

Regards
Peter Kwan