ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Embed pdf-generated chart into pdf-report
Posted by Roman on Dec-05-2018 19:51
Hi!

How can I embed chart exported as pdf into another pdf file ?
For generating pdf files I use libharu library.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Embed pdf-generated chart into pdf-report
Posted by Peter Kwan on Dec-06-2018 01:05
Hi Roman,

We have customers generating charts in various formats (PDF, SVG, PNG, JPG) and then embed them in PDF, typically to produce reports.

The format you can use depends on the software that you use to generate the PDF report. If your software supports embedding the contents of one PDF into another PDF, then you can export the chart in PDF and embed it in another PDF. If I remembered correctly, some of our customers use iText and pdflib to embed PDF in other PDF.

I have never used libharu before, so I am not sure if libharu supports embedding the contents of one PDF into another PDF. If libharu does support this feature, you should be able to export the chart in PDF and then use libharu to embed the chart into the PDF report. If libharu does not support this feature, you would need to choose another format supported by libharu (eg. PNG or JPG), or you may consider to use another PDF library that supports embedding the content of one PDF into another PDF.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Roman on Dec-06-2018 02:25
Hi, Peter.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately libHaru doesn`t support embedding of one pdf-file into another.
The main reason I`m trying to do this is too low quality of pdf-embedded raster images (such as PNG or JPEG) while scaling this files on the screen.

PDFLib looks interesting but rather expensive. I don`t know If we can afford it. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Best regards,
Roman

Posted by Danieldeparis on Dec-06-2018 03:29
Hi Roman,

Roman wrote:
PDFLib looks interesting but rather expensive. I don`t know If we can afford it. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

You may check Quickpdf for this. If they support the platform you are using of course. Concatenating pdfs is easy. Including pdfs within pdfs at specific places is a bit tricky.... But it works and will enable you to embed the vectorial pdfs as delivered by Chartdirector as material inside arbitrary pdf documents.

The results are VERY professional and IMHO definitely worth the work required. Is it worth the cost? That depends but we found it was for us.

Regards to you and Peter, of course!

Daniel

Posted by Roman on Dec-06-2018 16:59
Hi, Daniel!

Thank you for your advice. I`ll take a look at Quickpdf.

Best regards,
Roman