ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

bar chart with grouping
Posted by at on Apr-01-2019 17:19
Attachments:
Hi Peter, what's the best way to generate the attached chart in Chartdirector PHP?

Thanks.
bar_with_grouping.png
bar_with_grouping.png

7.92 Kb

Re: bar chart with grouping
Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-02-2019 04:04
Hi at,

You can consider to create it as a simple stacked bar chart. You can leave some bars as empty by using NoValue as the data, and set their corrresponding x-axis label as empty by using "~" as the label. This empty position becomes the gap between bars.

I notice the gap seems to have a different background color from the bar positions. This can be achieved by adding a vertical zone (see XYChart.addZone) at the gap positions.

For the texts at the top, I would add it using custom textboxes (BaseChart.addText), configured to have the proper size and position (see Box.setSize).

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by at on Apr-12-2019 17:04
Thanks Peter, but is there an efficient way of setting the texts at the top of the bars without using Layer.getImageCoor() since it would require creating the image first?

Posted by Peter Kwan on Apr-12-2019 18:52
Hi at,

Yes, just use BaseChart.addText to add the text at the top as mentioned in my previous message.

The y-coordinates is the top of the plot area, which your code already knows. For the x-coordinate, if you have 50 x-axis positions, and the plot area width is 500 pixels, then each position must occupy 500 / 50 = 10 pixels. So the x-coordinates can also be determined without drawing the image.

Hope this can help.

Regards
Peter Kwan