ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

License key checksum invalid
Posted by Satyaki on Jun-22-2020 23:52
Hi team,

We are using chartdirector over 2 years now. Now we have migrated our server. We are using VPS linux(x86_64 - 64bit OS).
Previously we were using ChartDirtector6.0. We have downloaded new ver 6.1 as we are using updated php version(7.2). It seems the licence is not working.

We have followed the doc of installation . Any help is appreciated.

Below is the log of our server
root@hostname modules]# pwd
/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/
[root@hostname modules]# cat chartdir.lic
DEVP-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
[root@hostname modules]# ll chartdir.lic
-rw------- 1 744 root 30 Jun 22 19:54 chartdir.lic

[root@hostname fonts]# pwd
/home/dailystocktips/public_html/chartdirector/lib/fonts
[root@hostname fonts]# du -sch *
344K LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf
348K LiberationSans-Bold.ttf
348K LiberationSans-Italic.ttf
344K LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
364K LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
360K LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf
364K LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf
380K LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf
2.8M total
[root@hostname fonts]# ls -l * | wc -l
[root@hostname fonts]# cd /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/fonts/
[root@hostname fonts]# pwd
/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/fonts
[root@hostname fonts]# du -sch *
344K LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf
348K LiberationSans-Bold.ttf
348K LiberationSans-Italic.ttf
344K LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
364K LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
360K LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf
364K LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf
380K LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf
2.8M total
[root@hostname fonts]# ls -l * | wc -l
[root@hostname fonts]#

Re: License key checksum invalid
Posted by Satyaki on Jun-22-2020 23:54
Hi,
When I am trying to run chartdirector/phpdemo/cdinfo.php page, I can see the below logs.

Description : ChartDirector

Version : 6.3.0

Copyright : Copyright (c) 2018 Advanced Software Engineering Limited

Boot Log :
2020-06-22 21:15:17> License file /etc/chartdir.lic: License key checksum invalid
2020-06-22 21:15:17> Cannot load license file /usr/lib/ChartDirector/chartdir.lic - No such file or directory [error code = 2]
2020-06-22 21:15:17> Cannot load license file /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/chartdir.lic - Permission denied [error code = 13]
Updated license check at 2020-06-22 21:15:17> Cannot load license file /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/chartdir.lic - Permission denied [error code = 13]

Font Loading Test :
Searching for arial.ttf - No such file or directory [err code = 2]
Searching for /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/fonts/arial.ttf - No such file or directory [err code = 2]
Searching for LiberationSans-Regular.ttf - No such file or directory [err code = 2]
Successfully opened /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/fonts/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jun-23-2020 00:40
Hi Satyaki,

The error is "Permission denied". It means your web server cannot read the file because it does not have proper security.

Have you checked the file permission? If the file is created by you, it may be owned by you, and you can view the file. However, the web server may run under a different account and it may be unable to open the file. In many case, for security reasons, the web server runs under a limited account to represent the anonymous user, and it may be unable to open most of the files on the server outside of the web document directory.

For testing, please try to change the permission of the license file so that it is readable by anyone. If the server can then read the file, it can be confirmed to be a permission issue. Then you can try to tighten up the permission but still allow the web server to read it.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Satyaki on Jun-23-2020 14:09
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the support. We have asked server team for the issues with permission.
They have set the permission 644. Now new error occurs.

Link - http://www.dailystocktips.co.in/chartdirector/phpdemo/cdinfo.php
Log -

Description : ChartDirector

Version : 6.3.0

Copyright : Copyright (c) 2018 Advanced Software Engineering Limited

Boot Log :
2020-06-23 11:36:54> License file /etc/chartdir.lic: License key checksum invalid
2020-06-23 11:36:54> Cannot load license file /usr/lib/ChartDirector/chartdir.lic - No such file or directory [error code = 2]
2020-06-23 11:36:54> License file /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/chartdir.lic: License key successfully activated

Font Loading Test :
Searching for arial.ttf - No such file or directory [err code = 2]
Searching for /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/fonts/arial.ttf - No such file or directory [err code = 2]
Searching for LiberationSans-Regular.ttf - No such file or directory [err code = 2]
Successfully opened /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/fonts/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf

The server team reply on the issue-----------------------------

We've access the below link and at the end of the article we found the steps of license assigning

http://www.dailystocktips.co.in/chartdirector/doc/cdphp.htm#phpinstall.htm

We've added the file chartdir.lic correctly with permission 644 and found all PHP extensions must be for php version 7.1 should be installed

/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/chartdir.lic

http://www.dailystocktips.co.in/chartdirector/phpdemo/cdinfo.php

https://115.124.120.153:2087/cpsess9424908888/scripts7/EasyApache4/extensions

If you wish we can install the other PHP extension rather then default, which could take 20-30 minutes and need to recompile PHP/apache depends upon the data installed on the server

Please contact ChartDirector support once and get back to us, if you need any changes to be done from our end for your server for chartdirector work.

Posted by Satyaki on Jun-23-2020 14:16
Hi Peter,

It would be great if you can help us to solve this issue. I can give you WHM and Cpanel credentials if you wish to solve this matter.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jun-23-2020 17:53
Hi Satyaki,

The following messages mean ChartDirector is installed correctly and ChartDirector can find the license file at "/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/chartdir.lic". So everything is working normally, and your PHP version is 7.2 (since the path name contains "ea-php72".

2020-06-23 11:36:54> License file /etc/chartdir.lic: License key checksum invalid
2020-06-23 11:36:54> Cannot load license file /usr/lib/ChartDirector/chartdir.lic - No such file or directory [error code = 2]
2020-06-23 11:36:54> License file /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/chartdir.lic: License key successfully activated

Now for some reasons, if I access
"http://www.dailystocktips.co.in/chartdirector/phpdemo/cdinfo.php", I found that the PHP version is 7.1 and ChartDirector is not installed.

So someone has change the PHP version from 7.2 to 7.1. Even the folders are different. Apparently, you have installed ChartDirector on the PHP 7.2, but not on PHP 7.1, but for some reasons, your server switches to PHP 7.1. If you want to use PHP 7.1, please install ChartDirector for PHP 7.1, using the same method that you install ChartDirector for PHP 7.2.

If you would like to me install to try to install it for you, you may email me the necessary credentials to allow me to login. My email is pkwan@advsofteng.net. I can install it if your account has sufficient privileges to read/write the PHP 7.1 folders.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Satyaki on Jun-26-2020 13:39
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much. I did not changed the nameserver yet.
You can run the server with below process.

C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts and can add below entries,
+++++++++++++++++
115.124.120.153 dailystocktips.co.in www.dailystocktips.co.in
+++++++++++++++++

So that the website will be loaded from server 115.124.120.153 for your local machine only.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jun-26-2020 15:49
Hi Satyaki,

Please email the credentials to me pkwan@advsofteng.net instead of posting them in the forum. I have immediately deleted them from your post once I see the credentials, but someone else may have already read the post. I suggest you to immediately change the pasword and email me the new credentials.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jun-26-2020 16:28
Hi Satyaki,

I have just tried your new web site. I have not done anything, but I found ChartDirector works normally.

https://www.dailystocktips.co.in/chartdirector/phpdemo/index.php

To confirm that I am testing your new web site, I login using your credentials and modify the "Simple Pie Chart" sample code to use "Hello" and "World" as the labels of the first two sectors of the pie chart. It does change the pie chart, so the site I am using should be the one at 115.124.120.153.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jun-26-2020 16:35
Hi Satyaki,

Please remember to change your passwords as soon as possible.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Satyaki on Jun-26-2020 17:33
Hi Peter,

I am very sorry to bother you. I accidentally posted the credentials here. Yes I have checked the chart is working now. The server tech support fixed the version conflict today.

Thank you again for support. I have changed the credentials.

Posted by Satyaki on Jun-26-2020 22:21
Hi Peter,
The chart is running fine but the licence has no effect.
Please visit this link - https://www.dailystocktips.co.in/eod-charts/INE246B01019/Ramco-Systems-Limited/

We have implemented the finance chart there. I can see the yellow line there.
I am emailing you the credentials. Please have a look. Thanks.

Posted by Satyaki on Jun-26-2020 22:41
Hi Peter,

I have asked the server team and they have solved it. Thanks for your support.