ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

Intel Iris Xe Graphics Intel UHD Graphics
Posted by Nhokon Park on Mar-09-2021 15:52
Attachments:
Hello.

I'm using chartdirector with realtime graph.
Recently I test realtime chart with new notebook. (LG gram 2021)
It's GPU is "Intel Iris Xe Graphics Intel UHD Graphics".
Every realtime chart samples didn't update with this notebook.
I think it is intel driver's problem.

This is captured video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGPb519lVhcNWfmuaSQRRoy5nY40Tmc6/view?usp=sharing
I attached driver's property.

Can you check it for me?
Thanks,
graphic driver.png

Re: Intel Iris Xe Graphics Intel UHD Graphics
Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-10-2021 11:43
Attachments:
Hi Nhokon,

For some reasons, I cannot see your video by using the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGPb519lVhcNWfmuaSQRRoy5nY40Tmc6/view?usp=sharing

I only see a page that says "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exists."

Would you mind to inform me which programming language edition of ChartDirector you are using? Is it ChartDirector for C++?

In any case, for testing, please download the latest version of ChartDirector from our web site, and the compile and run the sample code to see if it works in your machine. Usually, you just need to unzip the download, and go to the sample code directory, open the Visual Studio solution, and press the "Run" button.

If the sample code works normally, but in your real code the chart looks too small, it may be caused the the "DPI awareness" settings of your project.

Normally, the screen is displayed as 100%. However, in some computers, it may be configured to increase the display size. On Windows, you can go to Settings/Display to see your display scaling. See screen shot below.

For applications, if the application is configured as "No Dpi Awareness", then Windows will automatically increase the display for the application, so the size will be correct. If the application is configured as "Dpi Aware", Windows may not automatically increase the display for the application. The programmer may need to write code to detect the scale factor and adjust the user interface.

The method to configure the application depends on the programming language, GUI framework and the development tools. Below is a screen shot for C++/MFC in Visual Studio. For this combination, it is configured in "Project / Properties / Manifest Tools / Input and Output". Please try to configure your project to have "No Dpi Awareness" so that Windows will automatically increase the display size for the application.

If the above still cannot solve the problem, is it possible to try to share the video again? If the video size is not too big, you can email me at pkwan@advsofteng.net

Regards
Peter Kwan
win_display_scale.jpg
vs_mfc_dpi_awareness.jpg

Posted by Nhokon Park on Mar-12-2021 09:25
Sorry about video link.
Here is new link for video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ORqOXQjnx-dMtB7BW4A9BhxDTzJO_M3G/view?usp=sharing

You can see no chart update with "IRIS Xe Graphics".
Thanks,

Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-12-2021 19:42
Hi Nhokon,

Thanks for the information. I can see the video now.

Would you mind to also try the "Programmable Track Cursor" sample code and the "Zoom and Scrolling" sample code to see if they work normally?

We currently do not have a machine with "IRIS Xe Graphics" for testing. We will instead modify the sample code that can provide more information on why the chart cannot be updated. There are 3 possibilities we can think of:

(a) The chart timer event does not occur for some reasons.

(b) The data are not updated for some reasons, so even the chart is updated, it does not change.

(c) The chart is updated, by for some reasons, the screen does not change.

We will send a modified sample code to you later (probably in the next business day) to test if any of the above is the cause of the problem.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Peter Kwan on Mar-16-2021 13:34
We have determined that the problem is due to a Intel Xe driver bug (bug ID# 14013495876):

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Iris-Xe-and-AWS-Workspaces/td-p/1244351

The bug affects WPF applications.

The permanent solution is to wait for Intel to release updated driver. In the mean time, the following code, which disables hardware rendering for WPF, can work around the problem:

System.Windows.Media.RenderOptions.ProcessRenderMode = System.Windows.Interop.RenderMode.SoftwareOnly;

See:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.media.renderoptions.processrendermode?view=net-5.0

Posted by Nhokon Park on Mar-17-2021 07:33
Thank you for kind reply.
I fix this problem with your reply.

Thanks,