ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

phpchartdir.dll not loaded
Posted by Fabrizio on Jan-26-2022 20:51
Hi,
i'm trying to install phpchardir using xampp with apache 2.4.52, php 8.1.1 but when apache try to load the phpchartdie800.dll, it's failed with message (in itallian) "impossibile trovare il modulo specificato".
I'm sure about directive in apache (extension_dir and extension=phpchartdie800) and about where dll is located (xamppphpext).

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Re: phpchartdir.dll not loaded
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-27-2022 01:27
Hi Fabrizio,

For PHP 8.1, note that the file should be "phpchartdir810.dll". If your ChartDirector does not have "phpchartdir810.dll", please download again from our web site. The latest release should have "phpchartdir810.dll". The extension statement should be "extension=phpchartdir810.dll" and it should be in the "php.ini". In my machine, the "php.ini" is at "/xampp/php/php.ini".

Are you using XAMPP on Windows, or is it Linux or macOS? For Windows, please make sure you download the version that match your PHP type. If the PHP is 64-bit, please download the ChartDirector for PHP 64-bit. If your PHP is 32-bit, please download ChartDirector for PHP 32-bit. You may use phpinfo to determine what type of PHP you are using. The first line in phpinfo  should mention "AMD64" if it is 64-bit, otherwise the PHP is likely to be 32-bit. Note that you must match your PHP type, not your Windows type. (64-bit Windows can also use 32-bit PHP.)

After downloading, please remember to "unblock" the zip file before extracting the zip file. Some Windows system will automatically disable all downloaded DLLs for security reasons unless you "unblock" the files. See:

https://www.advsofteng.com/unblock_zip.html

We suggest you to copy "everything" in ChartDirector/lib to the PHP extension directory (in my XAMPP, it is xampp/php/ext). You need to at least copy "phpchartdir810.dll" and also "chartdir.dll". The first DLL "phpchartdir.dll" is the PHP extension, and it needs the second "chartdir.dll" to work.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Fabrizio on Jan-27-2022 02:18
Hi Peter, thanks for your answer.
I'm using windows plarform 64 (in fact running phpinfo i see AMD64 in first line).
Downloading last 64 version of ChartDirector for windows and unzipping the file I found phpchartdir800.dll and not phpchartdir810.dll.
Are you sure exists the right version of phpchartdir.dll for php 8.1.1?
Or I can (must) use older version of phpchartdir.dll with php 8.1.1?

Thancks.

Posted by Peter Kwan on Jan-27-2022 16:48
Hi Fabrizio,

Sorry for the phpchartdir810.dll. We forgot to update the Windows 64-bit release on the "main site". (Our download page has a link to the main site and the mirror site.) I have just fixed the problem. Please download once more.

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by Fabrizio on Jan-27-2022 20:44
Thanks a lot Peter.

Now all working correctly.