ASE Home Page Products Download Purchase Support About ASE
ChartDirector Support
Forum HomeForum Home   SearchSearch

Message ListMessage List     Post MessagePost Message

python docu for real-time charts
Posted by ETH on Jun-05-2022 23:43
Dear,

I can't find the Real-Time Charts section in the ChartDirector for Python documentation. Pleaes comment.

ETH

Re: python docu for real-time charts
Posted by Peter Kwan on Jun-06-2022 17:11
Hi ETH,

For desktop applications, to display graphics on the screen and support mouse interactions, it is necessary to have a GUI framework. For Python, the built-in GUI framework is Tkinter. However, it is the only GUI framework. Many developers may choose other GUI frameworks such as PyQt, wxPython, etc.. See:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming

For web applications, it is necessary to have a web framework. The built-in framework in Python is CGI. There are dozens of other common web frameworks for Python. See:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

In previous versions of ChartDirector, we do provide real time chart examples for the CGI framework. However, CGI is no longer commonly used nowadays, so we remove CGI examples in ChartDirector 7.

We also have a real time example written in PyQt5. We wrote that for one of our customers.

We believe it is possible to use ChartDirector for real-time charts in most if not all of the Python GUI/web frameworks. However, because there are so many of them, it would not be practical for us to develop sample code and to support all of them.

Would you mind to clarify whether you are interested in desktop and web applications, and which framework you are using?

Regards
Peter Kwan

Posted by ETH on Jun-06-2022 23:39
Dear,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am interested in desktop applications. I am orginally not that oriented to Python and but I asksed because I am curious how you deal it.

Regards,

Posted by Rafael on Oct-30-2022 02:04
Hi Peter,

This real-time example with python + pyqt5 that you mentioned, is it available publicly? where? thank you, It'd help a lot, because I'm trying to do it now, with PySide6, but should be the same.

Thank you!

Posted by Rafael on Oct-30-2022 02:07
Attachments:
Ah, I just found it, I'm reattaching it here too, just in case someone else is looking for it.

Thanks
pyqt_realtimebarcharts.zip
pyqt_realtimebarcharts.zip

1.32 Kb